Here are some images I have taken of the peace gardens, this is where I am going to superimpose my maquette structure, these are the three of the best that I have taken in my opinion, I have chosen the Sheffield Peace Gardens because it communicates with my maquette structure in a contextual way. As my maquette is celebrating Sheffield being the greenest city in Europe, I thought the peace gardens would be an appropriate setting as the its one of the cleanest places in Sheffield in terms of litter, cans and bottles being binned an recycled, this shows the contextual link between my maquette and the Peace Gardens. Out of the three images my favourite is the middle one, the reason is because its the most striking and has a large open space for my maquette to be super imposed in too. Its also the one that will look the strongest on its final outcome with my maquette.
This is the image I have chosen to super impose my maquette on too.
Before super imposing my image I had to edit the base of my maquette structure. I had to remove a part of the base, this is so when i super impose my image, it looks like its on the ground. Once I sorted the base of the maquette, I started to super impose it on too the base image, editing the maquette made it look a lot better as it looked a lot more realistic.
Once I placed my maquette in position which was the strongest, I decided to focus on the lighting on the base image and my maquette, to do this I used the hue and saturation option, I dimmed the brightness so it would look a similar colour to my maquette. This worked out pretty wells my maquette mixed in with the base image.
I started to focus on the shadowing after I had positioned my maquette. the left screenshot is showing the Gussian Blur tool, this tool enabled me to blur each shadow, this helped a lot because it made the shadows look realistic. The image on right is highlighting the shadows I have created, the shadows work well, and serve a positive purpose in making my maquette look realistic in my super imposition.
These screenshots are showing the size change i made. i decided to shrink down my maquette a little, because it looked very unrealistic in place where it was. The shadows did help maquette fit in with base image a little, but it still looked improbable. The image on the left is showing the change in scale, as yon can see this looks a lot better, its improved the outcome of my super imposition.
Final PDF photo –
Final super imposed PDF –